Universitas Islam Indonesia announced that Bachelor’s degree program in Environmental Engineering has been ACCREDITED by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, the global accreditor of college and university programs in applied and natural science, computing, engineering and engineering technology.
ABET accreditation assures that programs meet standards to produce graduates ready to enter critical technical fields that are leading the way in innovation and emerging technologies, and anticipating the welfare and safety needs of the public.
Towards Environmental Engineering Program as mercy of the worlds, aspiring to become excellent study program in the field of environmental engineering at South East Asian level.
- To prepare graduates who have knowledge that is implemented for good purpose, who act based on scientific knowledge, who have strong nationalism, and who are independent and professional in the field of environmental engineering.
- To nurture graduates with strong character, productive, and innovative in solving the environmental problems to support sustainable development.
- To conduct education with superior and innovative quality in the field of environmental engineering.
Program Educational Objectives
The educational objectives of EE Program UII are to prepare graduates who:
- Act professionally and make ethical decisions based on Islamic Values (rahmatan lil alamin/mercy to the worlds);
- Give contribution to community to improve environmental conditions at local, national and global levels;
- Pursue careers in public and private sectors in environmental engineering or other related fields and perform leadership roles in their profession;
- Continue their self-development through advanced education.
Graduates are expected to successfully meet the outcomes by graduation.
A. Islamic character and values (to convey mercy to the worlds (rahmatan lil’alamin))
B. an understanding of the need for entrepreneurship development
C. an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering in the field environmental engineering
D. an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and to interpret data
E. an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
F. an ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
G. an ability to identify, formulate, and solve environmental engineering problems
H. an understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities
I. an ability to communicate effectively
J. the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
K. a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
L. a knowledge of contemporary issues
M. an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for environmental engineering practices